Food authority Fødevarestyrelsen will publish a list of companies that were too slow at yanking listeria-contaminated food from Jørn A Rullepølser from their shelves. Ten of the 40 companies that have been fined between 20,000 and 60,000 kroner for the offence have already been named. Livets Køkken Salt & Peber Catering in Søborg was hit with the highest fine of 60,000 kroner.
The other companies named were:
- Ældrecenter Broparken Centralkøkken, Rødovre.
- DeViKa, Sønderbo, Rønne
- Engrosselskabet 2014 ApS, København V
- Cateringfirmaet B/LUNCH
- SH Kitchen ApS, Herlev
- Choice Convenience, København Ø
- BPI Best Poultry International AS, København Ø
- Vangede Slagteren ApS, Dyssegård
- Daginstitutionen Valhal, Hillerød
The names of the other thirty businesses that have been found guilty will be released in the coming weeks.
So far, 29 Danes have been infected with listeria and 13 people are believed to have died as a result of the outbreak. The sandwich meat rullepølser from the company Jørn A Rullepølser in Hedehusene was found to be the main source of the outbreak.