Two violent attacks in MalmÃ¶ left a man dead from gunshot wounds, while a bomb placed outside a police station left extensive damage.
The bomb blast happened in the early hours of Tuesday night. An eye-witness told Sveriges Television (SVT) that two men in black clothing planted the bomb then fled the scene on a moped.
According to Marie Keimar, from the SkÃ¥ne police, no one was hurt in the attack.
Â“It was lucky there wasnÂ’t anyone in there, but it was still a serious attack against us,Â” Keimar told the TT news agency. Â“ItÂ’s unclear how seriously the building was damaged or if there is any risk it will collapse.Â”
Earlier in the evening, in the same MalmÃ¶ district of Fosie, a 48-year-old man was found in a car with gunshot wounds.
The man was driven straight to hopsital after being discovered at around 7pm, but ended up succumbing to his injuries.
According to Politiken newspaper, police have neither named any suspects nor stated whether there is a connection between the two incidents.
TuesdayÂ’s killing is the sixth death from gunshot wounds since late November when a 31-year-old suspected gang leader was killed.
After the previous death in early January, in which another 48-year-old man was killed, MalmÃ¶ police appointed a special unit to deal with the rise in killings.
In response to the rise in violence, particularly the shooting of a 15-year-old boy on New Year’s Day, 6,000 residents took to the streets of MalmÃ¶ took to the streets to protest in early January.
Two more men in their twenties were shot in central MalmÃ¶ on Friday night but neither suffered serious injuries.
Easy access to guns and the cross border drug trade has been blamed for the rise in the number of shootings.