SUN: 16º/9º MON: 19º/6º
Rocket dreams fail to ignite
The dreams of the first Danish rocket in space were shot down this weekend, as the Heat-1X/Tycho-Brahe rocket failed to lift off.
Rocket builders Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson confirmed last night at a press conference that it was their by now infamous hairdryer that resulted in the rocket not achieving lift-off. The pair, along with a team of volunteers, had kept the country in suspense all weekend as they sailed the rocket off the coast of Bornholm using their self-built submarine.
The hairdryer, one which they bought in Føtex for under 100 kroner, was supposed to have kept a valve for the liquid oxygen hot, so that it did not freeze and become stuck. However, due to some necessary last minute alternations, the power to the hairdryer was cut off, Madsen stated last night.
The project has now been postponed till next June.