SAS says cabin crews should be back at work, but union says no – The Post

SAS says cabin crews should be back at work, but union says no

Work stoppage resulting in cancellations and delays

February 28th, 2015 7:31 pm| by admin

SAS cabin crew members went on strike on Friday still have not returned to work, despite assurances from the airline that the ‘sick out’ was over. The work stoppage came after a meeting where SAS informed employees of its plan to transfer cabin crews to its subsidiary Cimber.

Moving the cabin crews to Cimber  – which pays a lower wage – is part of cost-cutting measures being implemented by SAS. Flight attendants said that they have been trying in vain to find out the terms of the Cimber deal.

No deal, no work
An SAS spokesperson called the strike “illegal”.The airline said in a statement that crews would resume work this afternoon, but cabin crew union spokesperson Jean Pierre Schomburg said that staff was not returning to the skies, despite the agreement.

“Our members are quite clear; they are not going to return to work without an agreement with Cimber,” Schomburg. told DR Nyheder.

READ MORE: SAS cuts 100 Swedish jobs

Some 400 passengers have been affected so far, with many missing connecting fights and being forced to overnight in airports around the world. SAS said in its statement that the situation should be “normalised” by Sunday morning.