Danish boxer Mikkel Kessler shot down any notion that he would retire from boxing after announcing today at a press conference in Copenhagen that he will be returning to the ring in the future.
His promoter Kalle Sauerland expects that he will have a fight ready for the Viking Warrior at some point in the autumn, although a possible opponent has yet to be decided.
“Mikkel Kessler has proven that he is one of the best boxers in the world, so it’s not a comeback for me,” Sauerland said at the conference. “In my eyes, he was never finished.”
The Dane said that he was excited to be going to London to watch the upcoming Carl Froch – George Groves rematch fight on May 31.
Kessler, who has won 43 out of his 46 professional bouts, hasn’t been in the ring since he lost on points to Froch in the O2 Arena in London in May last year.