No Norwegian money in 1864

Lack of neighbours involved in production costs producers

(photo: Stephen Wright)
June 25th, 2014 10:00 am| by admin
facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

The producers of the television series '1864', which is due to air on DR1 this autumn, have lost 2 million kroner in support cash from the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI) because the production does not live up to NFI's requirements regarding how many Norwegians are employed by the production.

"We had thought we would use some Norwegian editors and a Norwegian composer," Peter Bose, a producer and partner at Miso Film, the company behind the show, told DR Nyheder.

"But we decided to use an American composer instead, and the editors we wanted to use were not available."

Bose said that he has been aware of the Norwegian decision not to support the TV series for a year, and that it would not delay the production.

"It is completely undramatic, but it is a shame," he said.

READ MORE: Every country has had an annus horribilis. Denmark's was 1864 …

Not much of a dent
NFI pulled the support even though the well-known Norwegian actor Jacob Oftebro has a major role in the show.

"It is unusual," said Bose. "Previously, support would have been granted to a project that has the proportion of Norwegians that we have."

The 2 million kroner pulled by NFI was not much of a dent in 1864's total budget of 173 million kroner.

Team CULT is under serious financial pressure (photo: Jérémy-Günther-Heinz Jähnick)
Danish cycling team staring into the abyss
The Danish Pro Continental Tour cycling team CULT Energy Pro Cycling is on ...
(photo: Stephen Wright)
Danish summer the coldest for 24 years so far
If you thought June was particularly cold, grey and dismal this year, you a...
The two-storey apartment is in the plush Opus Hong Kong building located on a cliff side (photo: Exploringlife)
Dane buys Asia’s most expensive apartment
Asia's most expensive apartment, a 301 sqm luxury apartment in the middle o...
"Businesses in Copenhagen and Malmø now have increased opportunities," says bridge manager (photo: Marcus Bengtsson)
Øresund Bridge celebrates 15th birthday
Today marks 15 years since the Øresund Bridge was opened and the first car...
Police remained present at the scene until the situation calmed (photo: Heb)
Bloody brawl in Helsingør sends young man to hospital
A 19-year-old man was flown by helicopter to Rigshospitalet on Tuesday even...
The decision could lead to Ryanair flights being grounded in Copenhagen (photo: iStock)
UPDATE: Ryanair shuts down Copenhagen base
The Irish budget airline Ryanair has decided to close its Copenhagen hub wi...