The Weekly Wrap – Sunday, October 6
If you're anything like us, your week may sometimes feel like a blur.
That's why The Copenhagen Post is trying something different on Sundays. We will take a deep breath, a step back and a second look at some of the stories that made up the past seven days both in our printed weekly newspaper and online.
As a reminder, you can also hear more from us – if you so wish – via Facebook and Twitter, and via our new daily newsletter, The Evening Post. And if you have a hard time getting your hands on a physical copy of the Post, why not sign up to have it delivered to your inbox? If you haven't read them yet, you can download this week's Copenhagen Post and InOut guide today. Heck, you even get The Weekly Wrap as an email each week.
Here are just some of the stories from the week that was:
– Danes are among the world leaders in wasting food, but our cover story looks at a new restaurant that is challenging that
– A Danish activist may face up to 15 years in a Russian prison for her participation in a Greenpeace happening; she shouldn't expect much help from the foreign minister
– You ever heard the one about three Danish MPs who walk into a Russian gay bar?
– You may want to think twice about growing old in Denmark
– The changes to shopping hours have been around for a year now – how have consumers reacted?
– Former bank bosses face charges of stock manipulation
– The likelihood of the Metro expansion being completed on time looks more grim by the week
– The government has vowed to do something about the increasing number of fatal accidents involving right-hand turning vehicles
– As he does every week, our man Ben Hamilton is here to walk you through all the various cultural offerings from our entertainment section, InOut
– Looking for educational opportunities? Read our semi-annual guide to education in Denmark. For all your learning needs, from pre-school to post-graduate
– And, are you planning on going to Friday's Kulturnat in Copenhagen? Our English programme features some of the highlights of the thousands events on offer. Check it out before you step out.
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend. We'll be back at it tomorrow.