Who can return:
– children are permitted to go to school (0-5th grades), kindergarten and daycare if they don’t show symptoms of the coronavirus.
– regarding the coronavirus, a person is considered healthy 48 hours after symptoms have ended. After that, the child may return to the institution.
– children living with a person who has contracted the coronavirus are permitted to attend kindergarten and daycare
– children living with individuals in the risk zone are, as a starting point, permitted to return to their institutions
– cases that involve children in risk groups due to chronic illness will be evaluated individually
– children staff and parents must wash hands when arriving at institutions
– children and staff must wash hands at fixed intervals – at least once every two hours – as well as following toilet use, nose blowing, and before and after eating.
– Staff must wash hands or use hand sanitiser if they move from one area of the institution to another, after diaper/nappy changes and after helping kids blow their noses.
– Parents are not allowed to congregate at the entrance of the institution. To avoid this, children will be handed over in intervals.
– the same goes for lunch breaks and other planning-orientated activities to avoid many children gathering in bunches.
– larger gatherings, such as morning singing, are to be avoided
– kids are not allowed to play with children from other areas of the institution
– it is recommended that children are divided into smaller groups during playtime and other activities
– activities should occur outside as much as possible
– tables for children must be placed two metres away from each other
– it is recommended that there is at least six sqm of free space per child in daycare insitututuions and four sqm per kid in kindergartens. Those limits are twice the usual recommendations.
– all food must be served in portions
– everyone must be particularly vigilant in terms of hygiene when preparing and serving food
– food must not be shared
– toilets must be cleaned at least twice daily
– all surfaces and points of contact must be washed with liquid soap and then sanitised at least twice daily
– toys must be washed at least twice daily
– no toys may be brought from home
– tablets should be wiped several times every day and between use
– public transport must be avoided during trips out of institutions
– when transporting children in buses, the kids must be seated at least two metres from one another