55 hospitalised after inhaling chlorine gas

A group of 46 children and nine adults have been hospitalised after becoming ill during a trip to the local swimming pool in the Jutland town of Tarm on Thursday. The group, on holiday from the Copenhagen area, suffered coughing fits and began vomiting. None of the children, all aged 12 and 13, or the adults are seriously ill. An investigation concluded the group became sick after the air sensors in the building malfunctioned, leading to a build up of chlorine gas.

Ekstra Bladet