Exploding hotdog stand near Eurovision

May 6th, 2014

This article is more than 9 years old.

Mishap sends vendor to hospital

One man was badly injured when a propane gas cylinder at a hotdog stand exploded near the entrance to the Eurovision venue on the small island of Refshaleøen in Copenhagen on Tuesday.

The fire department put out the fire and an ambulance took the stand's vendor to hospital, said police spokesperson Carsten Reenberg.

"He's been burned, but how much, and how bad it is, we can't say," he told Ekstra Bladet.

Torpedoing beer cans
The explosion cracked open the back of the hot dog stand and caused beer cans to shoot out in all directions.

While it could be heard and felt throughout the island, no-one else was hurt, mainly because most people in the area were inside B&W Hallerne preparing for tonight's first semi-final, which starts at 21:00 and can be seen on DR1.


Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up to receive The Daily Post

Latest Podcast