Listeria found at McDonalds
McDonald’s has warned the food authorities Fødevarestyrelsen that it has found listeria in two lots of the ‘juliennemix’ of root vegetables that it uses in some of its salads and sandwiches.
Products that may have been tainted with listeria were sold between April 1 and 7.
READ MORE: McDonald’s found to serve old food
The lots containing the bacterium have been pulled from the stores, and McDonald’s said that as of yet, they have not heard from any customers claiming to be ill from eating a sandwich or salad.
Call your doctor
McDonald’s advises anyone who feels ill and suspects they have been infected should contact their doctor.
People infected with listeria exhibit flu-like symptoms, including a fever and headache. In rare cases, listeria can cause meningitis and blood poisoning, according to Fødevarestyrelsen.